PDA

View Full Version : need help



sheeder86
01-16-2012, 06:14 AM
My dragon fish got sucked into the filter tube 30 hours ago. Still alive face has healed but he's still weak and can't swim right. I think he's slowly dieing. How can I save him. He's about 10 inches or maybe a foot. Right in there somewhere.

vinodjbhatia
01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Is this the only fish in the tank. If so then fine, else, the first thing I would do is to try and quarantine the fish if possible, so that it doesnt get stressed by the rest of the fish in the tank. If there is any trace of a wound then aggressive fish in the tank may just be a little pokey.

Once quarantined, I would just let the wound heal on its own without meds. Just ensure your water quality remains pristine while the fish is healing. I generally keep the light also very low.

You may wish to use some anti bacterial medicine to ensure the fish doesnt catch up a secondary infection. I lost one of fish which got injured and then died a few months after the injury healed due to a bacterial infection. I think the injury makes them susceptible to infections.

Feed high quality food so that the fish can regain strength quickly.

If you dont have a quarantine tank and also have other fish in the tank, then I think the only option available for you would be to keep it in your main tank. In that case, I suggest you have enough hiding place for the fish so that it can stay away from the rest of the fish. Dont does your main tank with anti bacterials as some of the meds also kill your beneficial bacteria.

Pamela2Heaven
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Aww sorry to hear that. I lost an ADF the other day - same way...but it was too late by the time I saw him.:scry: Hope your fish will be ok.

Alexander_john
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Hello,
Well I lost one of fish which got injured and then died a few months after the injury healed due to a bacterial infection. I think the injury makes them susceptible to infections.

Lady Hobbs
02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Hello,
Well I lost one of fish which got injured and then died a few months after the injury healed due to a bacterial infection. I think the injury makes them susceptible to infections.

This thread is about his fish, not your fish. Please do not hijack nor post in 2 year old threads.