PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Shrimps are so....

kurly
01-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Interesting to watch! I was feeding my fish some chopped up bloodworms and one of my male cherry shrimps was swimming happily around the tank. As I dropped a bit of the bloodworms down into the water his little legs quickly snatched a piece of the bloodworm as it floated downward. He grabbed it before one of my tetras was able to get to it, landed on the thermometer and began to chow down. Too funny!!

Pamela2Heaven
01-12-2012, 10:04 PM
They are pretty entertaining, that's for sure!

Aeonflame
01-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Shrimp generally are more entertaining and interesting than many fish. I have a large red claw shrimp in my sump that swims upside down at the surface to grab pellets

Lady Hobbs
01-13-2012, 12:57 AM
I've been surprised at how much they can carry. Watch a fish die in your tank and they mob it.

Strider199
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
I too like watching the shrimp colony. My wife just doesn't get it. She enjoys watching the 55 gallon community tank but doesn't get it when I spend 15 minutes watching the cherry shrimp going about their business.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to spend time watching these little critters.

korith
01-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Sometimes I think red cherry shrimp lack any sense of self preservation. I've seen a shrimp take a pellet away from a betta and survive to tell about it.

kurly
01-13-2012, 03:54 AM
And now you can let your wife know that you really aren't alone, other people enjoy watching their shrimp too! I guess I'm captivated by all those little legs move when they swim around the tank.