PDA

View Full Version : Gourami looking like it was attacked.

frizzlefish
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I've got a gourami with a sizeable chunk (for lack of a better descriptive word) out of the area above it's eye on one side.

There are 2 in the 29 gallon tank - both male I believe, akong with 3 pandy cories, 2 skunk botias and 2 mollies that just produced 11 fry. They have been in there going on about 3 months without any thing else being added so I don't think it's something I've just introduced to the tank.

Is this something you've heard of as in a disease I've not been able to research or do you think the one attacked the other?

frizzlefish
08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, I just couldn't bring myself to get him out and put him out of his misery yesterday. He just seemed to be getting progressively worse as the day went on.

This morning he was done.

The thing on his head looked like an ulcer of some sort. It was nasty. No other problems in the tank thus far, did a big water change this morning after sending him "home" so we're keep an eye on it.

MeganL3985
08-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Awe :( Sorry to hear about your fish!

tropfish
08-21-2007, 04:21 PM
sorry to hear about your loss

YaYgoldFish
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Im pretty sure your gourami was attacked by the other one. I use to have 2 of them in a 25g and they killed each other, it;s pretty hard keeping 2 male dwarf gouramis in the same tank without them ever fighting..

Sorry about the fish tho.. :\