PDA

View Full Version : Damn'd fussy...

Nick_Pavlovski
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Courtier is being a very fussy eater.

He rejects the normal general tropical fish flakes, he rejects algae flakes, he rejects the expensive Betta flakes, he rejects frozen Brine Shrimp...

The only things he has yummed down are tubifex worms, and the micro pellets specially made for tetras!!!!

Gah!

gm72
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
They can be a very picky bunch indeed!

TowBoater
08-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Mine likes betta pellets, mysis shrimp, and blood worms.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I don't want to get more fresh tubifex, because
1) they are expensive
2) they are a treat
3) they are junk food
4) they only last a few days, and I could only feed about 10% of what I got to all my fish last time
5) I can only get them very, very rarely!

Maybe I'll starve him for a couple of days.

Perhaps I should pre-soak some of the Betta flakes? Could it be a combo of the dryness and the size of the flakes that turns him off? He bits into the flakes, chews them a couple of times, then spits them out...

But then, the tetra pellets (which are really tiny, beceuase they are for Neons, etc) are dry, and he yums them down...

MeganL3985
08-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Mine really likes the Tetra Bettamin Tropical Medley....and the Hikari Betta Bio Gold.

AquaQueen
08-17-2007, 02:59 AM
I must be lucky....My Tequila loves everything I feed him...the Betta bits, brine shrimp, krill, plankton, flakes, I know there's more but I can't think strait..ATM I have 5 out of my 7 birds tweeting @ Paulie because they don't want to go to bed yet....spoiled brats were out late and they want more...lol SRY I got sidetracked with the noise...anyway I'd make sure he was really hungry the next time I feed him that way he will eat anything and you can feed him healthy food and be sure he will eat up. They can be picky tho my first Betta Mystic(RIP) hated the Betta bits and brine shrimp so you never know he may never like that food.

TowBoater
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
I must be lucky....My Tequila loves everything I feed him...the Betta bits, brine shrimp, krill, plankton, flakes, I know there's more but I can't think strait..ATM I have 5 out of my 7 birds tweeting @ Paulie because they don't want to go to bed yet....spoiled brats were out late and they want more...lol SRY I got sidetracked with the noise...anyway I'd make sure he was really hungry the next time I feed him that way he will eat anything and you can feed him healthy food and be sure he will eat up. They can be picky tho my first Betta Mystic(RIP) hated the Betta bits and brine shrimp so you never know he may never like that food.

My betta eats anything also.:19:

MeganL3985
08-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I swear everytime I catch the name of this thread I always see "Fuzzy" instead of "Fussy"....I'm like "Uh oh..." lol **Smacks Forehead** :)

Nick_Pavlovski
08-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffff
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

:19: