PDA

View Full Version : quarantine of bottom feeders

pjaldave
01-09-2012, 02:38 AM
how do you do quarantine on bottom feeders? would it just be the same as all other fish?

i am concerned about not having gravel at the bottom of the QT might stress them. or will it be just fine without?

Strider199
01-09-2012, 02:41 AM
For the short time they will be in your OT all will be well.

At least you can see if they are eating.

What type of bottom feeders are you quarantining?

Trillianne
01-09-2012, 03:05 AM
I put a few larger river rocks in the bottom of my QT and kept the lights turned out most of the time when I did my QT. I tend to keep some fake plants and some bigger river rocks around for QTing to give fish a bit of cover.

smaug
01-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Add small pcs of pvc tubing to give them hiding spots. Qt as you would any other fish.

Cliff
01-09-2012, 03:07 AM
+1 to the above

I also add some PVC fittings and some fake plants for hiding spots

kurly
01-09-2012, 03:12 AM
I do the same as everyone else has posted.

pjaldave
01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
i have a lot of fake plants and at least one cave on my QT. would that suffice? corys will be my bottom feeders.

about DIY pvs pipes for cave, i dunno where to get any pipes in my area so would try to just go with the decors i have.

thanks all!

vinodjbhatia
01-09-2012, 09:59 AM
i have a lot of fake plants and at least one cave on my QT. would that suffice? corys will be my bottom feeders.

Yes fake plants and a cave will do fine. Just ensure the plants and caves do not have any sharp edges on them as cory barbels can be sensitive.

Trillianne
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM

about DIY pvs pipes for cave, i dunno where to get any pipes in my area so would try to just go with the decors i have.

thanks all!

That sounds like it would work.

As for finding PVC... Home Hardware Stores, Home Depot, etc.... just visit their plumbing section.

Stlouisfish
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I had the same question as you - cories like to dig around a lot on the bottom and I was like "What will they do with nothing on the bottom?" However, I kept a few flat marbles on the bottom and a fake plant and they had a field day exploring everywhere they could.

Congrats on QT'ing - great move!