PDA

View Full Version : I Have Kriblets!

Abbeys_Mom
08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, one of my pairs did it. I have 30 or so healthy baby Kribs. They made there first appearance this morning and they are already pretty big. Both parents are taking good care of them and they seem to be eating well. Hopefully, these are the first of many :)

Lady Hobbs
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Congratulations on your kriblets. LOL This time next year you should have 30,000.

Spyder
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Congratulations, Kribs are great fish and the parents are very good at caring for their babies.

Spyder
08-16-2007, 11:09 PM
krib babies
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pbb03fffdcd24474439d3761620a39562/f702e45e.jpg

*Sarah*
08-17-2007, 12:17 AM
That's great, Congrats!!

AquaQueen
08-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Ohhh how awesome!! Congrats on the babies...good luck with them...sounds like there will be LOTS of them!!

crackatinny
08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Congrats AM, Kribs are going to be my next venture.

RobbieG
08-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats on your Kriblets!:19:

harvey
08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
congratulations on the babies!!!

kimmers318
08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats on the babies! My kribs laid eggs several times, did the whole guarding the nest thing but I never got babies. Mom or Dad eventually ate the eggs so not sure what was going on.

Abbeys_Mom
08-18-2007, 01:46 PM
I am down to 12 or less. I think the Yo Yo loach got some. I know he loves eggs, I didn't think he would eat fry. I can't move the parent and fry, I tried to move the loach but he was not going to let me catch him. I am just going to leave it for now and move the loach later.

squirt_12
08-23-2007, 07:22 PM
ok well reading this has got me really interested in this fish!!!!
So i was wondering what kind of community fish it would go with???
I know that it is a chiclid but i was still wondering!!??
like woulf glowlight tetras go well with them or would they be dinner????

Abbeys_Mom
08-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Tetra, probably not. I have mine in with Danios, a dwarf gourami, some American flag fish and a pleco. They aren't too bad as long as the other fish can out run them. I find what works best is to have 2 pair in a tank (if you have enough room) so they are competing with each other. If one pair claims the whole tank, they will constantly be trying to chase the other fish out of there territory, lol.

squirt_12
08-23-2007, 11:33 PM
ok well the fish that i have in my tank are:
10 glowlight tetras (fully grown)
2 cherry barbs (fully grown)
3 black skirt tetras (fully grown)
4 pencil fish (fully grown)
1 scissortail rasbora (fully grown)
1 kissing gourami (6-8cm long)
2 blue gouramis (fully grown)
1 cory (fully grown and i know that you are supposed to have more than one but, the store only had 1)
1 loach [fully grown (4 cm little one)]
1 pleco (20-30cm)
1 silvertip tetras (fully grown)
1 frog [fully grown (5 cm or the size of a quarter)]
That is all that i have and like i have a really big thing (well i don't know what to call it) and it is full of caves and like over passes, meaning that the fish can swim inbetwen rocks, and well it is constructed out of about 20-30 rocks ranging in size and takes up about half of the tank but it is not tall so they can swim overtop of it and well i have some plants to!!!!! The plants are:
1 tiger lotus
1 mondo grass
and some unknown plants!!!!
So well that is what i have so if you could tell me if i could get like maybe 2 of them and if i can't what i would have to get rid of to get them!!!!
Like all i would want would be 1 breeding pair!!!!
THANKS ALOT!!!

Chrona
08-23-2007, 11:45 PM
ok well the fish that i have in my tank are:
10 glowlight tetras (fully grown)
2 cherry barbs (fully grown)
3 black skirt tetras (fully grown)
4 pencil fish (fully grown)
1 scissortail rasbora (fully grown)
1 kissing gourami (6-8cm long)
2 blue gouramis (fully grown)
1 cory (fully grown and i know that you are supposed to have more than one but, the store only had 1)
1 loach [fully grown (4 cm little one)]
1 pleco (20-30cm)
1 silvertip tetras (fully grown)
1 frog [fully grown (5 cm or the size of a quarter)]
That is all that i have and like i have a really big thing (well i don't know what to call it) and it is full of caves and like over passes, meaning that the fish can swim inbetwen rocks, and well it is constructed out of about 20-30 rocks ranging in size and takes up about half of the tank but it is not tall so they can swim overtop of it and well i have some plants to!!!!! The plants are:
1 tiger lotus
1 mondo grass
and some unknown plants!!!!
So well that is what i have so if you could tell me if i could get like maybe 2 of them and if i can't what i would have to get rid of to get them!!!!
Like all i would want would be 1 breeding pair!!!!
THANKS ALOT!!!

If that's all in your 33g tank, I'd say no on any more fish, as that's already overstocked (Especially with that pleco - assuming it's the common variety). Also, get rid of the mondo grass. It's a nonaquatic plant that's sold by Walmart and Petco that will eventually start rotting.

squirt_12
08-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Well i am going to get rid of my pleco and get a dwarf pleco!!!
Also i did research on the Mondo grass and it is on alot of really good fish websites!!! And they are trying to sell it!!! lso i have saw it in more than those 2 places that you mentioned!!!!!!!

Abbeys_Mom
08-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Even without the pleco, you are stocked. Kribs get to a fairly good size 4-5" and breed easily, so you need to have room for the young. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone who doesn't have 3 or more tanks, lol. Pet stores won't take fry until they are about 2" long, so you need room for them to all grow up. I have a 27g, 2 10gs and a 2.5g. I also have another 6 tanks or so sitting dry. I run multiple sponge filters one of my 10g's so I always have a seeded filter if I need to set up a fry tank. Breeding is something that takes planning and foresight. I have been breeding fish for 10 years. I don't recommend starting with kribs.

YaYgoldFish
08-24-2007, 01:31 AM
What's with the exclamation marks? Are you yelling or something?

And i was wondering..what species are you referrign to as a dwarf pleco?

squirt_12
08-24-2007, 02:46 AM
No i am not yelling!! IT is just a habit to put them on there because i am always talking on msn and i always put that!!!! lol I have no idea why i do put them in but i just do. lol :D
But i don't know what kind of species it would be because i was just in a pet store and i saw that they have a fish named a dwarf Pleco and i asked a guy that worked there and he said that they wont grow to be very big. So i thought that that would be a good addition to my tank!!
so yeah thats what it is but i don't know much about it.

Abbeys_Mom
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Bristlenose catfish (pleco) doesn't get very big. There are a few others, but I can't think of them of hand.

squirt_12
08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah i don't know like the real name for it. But in the store it just said 'Dwarf Pleco' so i thought that that was pretty cool.
Wow i typed a whole thing and didn't use exclamation marks.
ahahahahahaha
:D:c5:

YaYgoldFish
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Bristlenose catfish (pleco) doesn't get very big. There are a few others, but I can't think of them of hand.

Rubber lip
Clown pleco
bushy nose??

That's the only ones i can think off..

Was the "dwarf pleco" expensive?

squirt_12
08-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Well i can't remember but i think that it was around...$5-$10. Around that area.
I don't think that that is very expensive. Do u?