PDA

View Full Version : L128 Blue Phantom Pleco

ippielb
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Was searching around in the local pet store for a bristlenose pleco, asked the kid taking care of the aquariums if they had any in stock, he said they never, but if i was interested in a fancy expensive pleco they did just get a couple of them. So i was like sure why not, and turns out they were the Blue Phantom Pleco, and since i paid $50 for my last one, i thought why not just give $40 for this one. Give it a try.

Just curious to see who has one, and how are they? How bright do they get?

sheamurai
01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
you bought a new fish...you posted a thread about it...but you didn't post a pic??? Hellloooo! We like pics!

;)

ippielb
01-06-2012, 04:14 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/halfsoldier/phantombluepleco.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/halfsoldier/tank.jpg

Crispy
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
you have a nice wee little phantom there. good choice. I'm seeing alot of small L128s around in the last year or so. same care as a green phantom. they are awesome plecs and usually very hardy. your tank looks well established and perfect for that little guy. they will usually eat both veggies and meaty foods so they are fairly easy to keep healthy. they do well with a current or no current, just make sure the water is well oxygenated.

best of luck with him and please keep us updated on his growth. I have a 9" green and he's awesome. thumbs2:

ippielb
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh yes, my tank has been up for 17-18 years now. Good to know about water being oxygenated I will make sure of that. Hopefully he likes cucumber and blood worms, not just algae wafers.

icefreeze57
01-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh yes, my tank has been up for 17-18 years now. Good to know about water being oxygenated I will make sure of that. Hopefully he likes cucumber and blood worms, not just algae wafers.

Oh nice, what else you got in there? I cant find anything based on the pic lol

ippielb
01-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh nice, what else you got in there? I cant find anything based on the pic lol
4 Bolivian Rams, and 5 Julli Cory's.

fishguy66
01-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Never owned one, but that's a cool fish. Good luck w/ it.

fishguy66
01-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Is that an uplift tube for a UG I see? OLD SCHOOL!!!thumbs2:

ippielb
01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah haha it is an older tank! That tube is so algae stained it's now green instead of that weird yellowed plastic color. Really helps with water changes to circulate the freshwater around.

toddnbecka
01-08-2012, 03:54 AM
If I hadn't switched to sand I'd still be using UG filters. One good thing about them, particularly with pleco's, is they way they keep the water crystal clear. You'll find an increase in debris from the pleco poop when you siphon; that would be a heck of a mess sitting on top of the substrate and stirring around the tank. It also makes the plants grow very nicely IME.

Ashley
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I have one. Yours is so cute and small!! Mine is more blue looking than yours, probably because mine is fully grown. They are great plecos, very calm. Just a warning, he may eat those live plants of yours! Mine loves to eat plants! I've had better success though with "harder" leafed plants like anubias.

ippielb
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
I have found out the hard way he likes to munch out on my plants, he really likes the soft leaved ones. Kinda knocked down my plant a couple notches! Hopefully it can recover!