PDA

View Full Version : died why?

sergo
08-16-2007, 01:33 PM
one of my female afras died yesterday for reasons unknown to me. i had her for a couple of months and i noticed over the weekend she seemed to be hiding alot more than usual and not eating. she also seemed to breathing somewhat heavily but not at the surface, on the bottom. all of the other fish are active as usual. only thing that i can possibly think of is maybe when i moved them into the 55 about a month ago and then the week before last i rearranged the tank and added more rocks. i also did a filter change and cleaning on my fluval 305 and whisper 60. the water was cloudy for 1 day (as expected afer a thorough filter cleaning). i guess maybe too much stress but there was a week when eveything was normal. my water parameters are good with ph a touch low at 7.8 and nitrates are less than 5ppm. gh and kh are 11 and 10 constantly. i hope it's just an isolated event and nothing else comes out of this. anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks?

Lady Hobbs
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Sometimes we never know. Could have been flukes, internal or just a plain unknown cause. I don't see the mini-spike as a problem when it cleared up so quickly and was some time ago.

I don't believe it's anything you did at all.

sergo
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
thanks hobbs. on a better note i did see 1 little red zebra fry today. i thought they may all got eaten or something but i guess his little guy has been hiding very good for the last couple of weeks.

Lady Hobbs
08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Wish my neons would hide so well. I am missing 4 of them this morning!!!!!!!!

My angel has never bothered them at all but I am wondering now about the featherfin. Dang it. I just got these neons last week.

sergo
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
you seem to always have some sort of crisis going on. :)-

Jasonizal
10-08-2007, 06:27 AM
I dont know which fish you have, Plus all fish are different (no matter which type). But when you moved them The fish have to determine picking order, unfortunatly that fish could have been at the bottom :jaws: