PDA

View Full Version : Plant Anchors in a tank with Shrimp

kurly
01-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Is it safe to use plant anchors in a tank with Cherry Shrimp? The package says non toxic but I'm not sure if that means for fish, shrimp and everything else that may be inside a tank.

korith
01-04-2012, 05:52 AM
They'll be fine. About the only thing you want to avoid in a shrimp tank is copper.

kurly
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I thought they would be okay because they are silver but you never know what's in what and I really don't want to risk it without asking. I've tied my anubias nana petites to little rocks a million times only to have my cories wiggle around in them and shake them loose. Hopefully if I anchor them down they will finally stay put.

Lady Hobbs
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
korith already gave you the answer.

I toss all my stem plants in the tank that way and allow them a couple weeks to root before I plant them. My shrimp are all over them.

kurly
01-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Funny how it has taken me so long to figure this one out. I'm going to do a water change today in my big tank and gather all my little anubias nana petite plants up to give them a little bleach bath. I was beginning to dread the thought of having to put them back in the tank only for the cories to pull them up again. And tying those little plants to the little rocks was even more drudgery because I have smooth rocks which I know are not the correct rocks for them to root onto. Then I remembered the pack of plant anchors I found the other day while going through my fish stuff. Bought them yearrrrs ago for my anubias nana petites but forgot all about them when I introduced the plants to the tank (blush)

Oh well, guess I'll give them a go now...Better late than never I guess