PDA

View Full Version : solar catfish /sun catfish whichever

shalafi04
12-30-2011, 07:14 AM
okay so had a solarcat... bought him a friend.. but this one was darker in color. The first lived great in my 120 with everyone, got along like a community tank should. Than fish #2 comes into play and eyes are disappearing left and right... as were entire fish. Obviously figured out #2 was responsible and Im starting to wonder if solar cats are predatory. I guess most catfish are. Long story short. He now lives alone in a 40gallon tank, eats at night, and I never see the darn thing. Does he need a friend? Is he the one responsible for the massacre in the 120? I feel bad for him being all alone. What should I do for him, Im afraid to buy him friends.

Is he even a solar cat.. he has the circle... I'll try and tick him off to get a picture... IDK!

As my 6 year old says "he hugs his friends in his belly" lol

genocidex
12-30-2011, 12:16 PM
pictures would be nice, but most fish are dependant on their personalities. it might be possible the first one you got was pure luck it didnt kill everything. but i dont know much about these

shalafi04
12-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Got a Picture. Hiding in the dark all day sorta pays off I guess because the flash made him soooo mad that he actually came out of hiding lol

Here he is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mistyart/solarcat.jpg

tomasomeeks
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I have the same exact catfish as you. I bought him at walmart he was only not even a inch big. Put him in my 65 gallon . He grew to like 9 inches now. And I though he was nice cause he got along with everybody. But he eats anything that will fit into his mouth and he is hungry. I put him in a tank with some mollies they disappeared. So i now keep him in a 55 gallon for now and feed him feeder goldfish guppies and ocasionally worms . though he can get mad if other fish swim by him like alot of movement then he will like go in circles underneath his rock and keep opening his mouth like he is barking at them once in a while. So he can be territorial. I had to take my Jd out of the tank cuz they kept fighting. And the freaking catfish had the jd nose inside his mouth like they were kissing. So thats why he is in his ownn 55 gallon now. Hope some this helps