PDA

View Full Version : Eupterus Snyodontis

Lady Hobbs
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Does this catfish get along with clown loaches? My loaches are probably only about 3 inches (at a yr and a half) and the catfish is already 4 inches at 6 months. He goes after the loaches now and then to get them out of his way but doesn't harm them. I think they are just an annoyance to him. If he wants to go somewhere and they are piled up sleeping, he doesn't go around them but right thru them. My angels also chase him but he is fearless and remains right where he is.

I'm just concerned about him getting larger and the loaches being together. There may be too much competition for hiding places and food?

TowBoater
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
My LFS had some full grown ones, neat fish. I think they are either semi or aggressive, not sure. If he doesn't go completely around the tank to chase them then they should be fine.

Lady Hobbs
08-14-2007, 11:10 AM
They would probably like to sleep without him thundering thru the middle of them! I really like them, tho. I have two in separate tanks. Can't put them together for sure.

Fishguy2727
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
You can try adding some more driftwood so they have more places to hide. As long as no damage is being done and the loaches are not showing signs of stress, it should not be an issue.

Lady Hobbs
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
As long as you think they are safe, I will leave them for now. They have lots of driftwood and a big cave so can hide. Thanks

TowBoater
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
He will get like 8" though. They get to be big fish and very stocky.

Lady Hobbs
08-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I hope they do. They are awesome.

TowBoater
08-15-2007, 01:50 AM
They seem to swim upside down all the time at my LFS but they weren't upside down cats because they were like 6" long.