PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium project - columbian shark catfish in brackish water

Naitsabes
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone!

Who here wants to help me plan a brackish water aquarium 201*51*71cm featuring Columbian Shark Catfish?

Questions I would like to resolve together with you:

Best equipment: let's create a shopping list
Fish: let's create a fish list (how many hexanematichthys seemanni and which and how many other fish?)
Setup: let's define the best way to design this aquarium so that maintenance is minimal
Maintenance: let's write a schedule & guide on what do when each month and how much time will be required to do it

http://www.welse.net/bilder4/mvc-092f.jpg
I'll keep you updated with great pictures throughout the process.
Let me know if you're interested and what your ideas are.
I have an offer from an aquarium shop on some of the equipment, but I don't want to leave this fully to an external party and rather trust your competence.

Sebastian

Cliff
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
If I'm doing the math correctly, you have a 80" long by 20" wide by 28" tall tank which is just over 190 gallons. It's good to see that you should have a large enough tank for fish that will get 12 to 14".

I was wondering how many you were planning on keeping ? I have read these guys are best kept in schools of at least 6, but I have never personally kept these fish before.

I've also read they can and will eat any other fish that can fit into it's mouth so you might need to factor that into your stocking decision for potential tank mates.

I would suggest using a refactormeter so test your salinity as they are typically among the more accurate instruments for that.

Naitsabes
12-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Any more replies? I'm still looking for help! I'd also pay a small fee for someone who really helps me with this project.

Let me know!
Sebastian