PDA

View Full Version : Irwin update

2manyfish
08-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Thought it was time to post a pic of Irwin my red oscar.
He's now about 10 months old, a little over 9" in length and very much a pet!

He will take food from my hand but then he also bites me if he "thinks" I have food (like when I'm cleaning the tank). He will stop after he is sure I don't have anything for him, and it's not like it really hurts or anything. Not like my blood parrot who draws blood when she bites!! He is also learning to let me pet him although right now it's only very briefly. The other day I was squatting down cleaning the front glass and he started sticking his tongue out at me!! I had no idea they could do that!! I wanted to take a pic but every time I hold the camera up he stops doing the tongue thing and starts posing....

gm72
08-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice looking fish. I didn't know they had a tongue though!

crackatinny
08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Yer lol, cheeky buggers aint they, mine pokes the tounge out to, especially at feeding time.

Is your oscar by any chance named after Steve Irwin?

2manyfish
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Yep, he's named after Steve Irwin....I got him shortly after Steve died.

First time we (hubby and me) ever saw Steve Irwin (the man!) we were flipping through channels and came across this guy who jumped from a moving jeep, leaped over a barbed wire fence, got caught up in the same fence, and ran down a 7 foot long venomous snake. How could you not love that??? :c10:

RobbieG
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Nice Oscar - wish you coulda got the other pic though!

Arkie
08-17-2007, 02:09 AM
nice looking fish. i didnt know that they had a tongue, let alone poke it out... all my oscar does is try and jump out of his tank and nip my finger when i feed him!!! the first time he did it i had a girlie attack and squealed, embarrassing lol

Lady Hobbs
08-17-2007, 05:51 AM
He's very healthy and pretty. I'd like to see a pic of your blood parrot, too.

crackatinny
08-17-2007, 08:12 AM
He's very healthy and pretty. I'd like to see a pic of your blood parrot, too.

You know you want an oscar Hobbs, set up another tank and get 1 or 2, you would love there personality.