PDA

View Full Version : grub worms?

hystrix777
12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
my silver at 8 inches seems to love these things, just tried them out today fresh from my pesticide free back yard.. what kind of nutritional value do these guys have? :goldfish:

Cliff
12-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I wish I had the room for a arrow sized tank. After seeing a arrow in a friend's tank, I've wanted one of these fish ever since

Hopefull some of the arrow keepers here can offer you some advice

Any way you could post a few pics of your arrow. I would like to see him, if you could

hystrix777
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
I wish I had the room for a arrow sized tank. After seeing a arrow in a friend's tank, I've wanted one of these fish ever since

Hopefull some of the arrow keepers here can offer you some advice

Any way you could post a few pics of your arrow. I would like to see him, if you could
sure, hes an awesome fish they are just horrible about jumping out of the tank during water changes lol.. I got this guy about a month ago, hes already grown an inch so heres a pic of when i just got him and he was in the hospital tank.. Hes is a 125 now! thumbs2:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/invisionguru/venny2.jpg
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/invisionguru/venny.jpg

Cliff
12-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice Arrow

Thanks for the pics

hystrix777
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice Arrow

Thanks for the pics
thanks, he looks better in person lol

Dave66
12-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Since the grub worms are the larvae of a beetle, it is good food for your aro. Though I haven't analyzed the nutritional value of grub worms, by my experience, I'd bet they'd be in the 60 percentage of protein, since the rest are fats for eventually metamorphosis into a beetles. Conversely, the common earthworm is over 74 percent protein.

Dave

hystrix777
12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Since the grub worms are the larvae of a beetle, it is good food for your aro. Though I haven't analyzed the nutritional value of grub worms, by my experience, I'd bet they'd be in the 60 percentage of protein, since the rest are fats for eventually metamorphosis into a beetles. Conversely, the common earthworm is over 74 percent protein.

Dave
yeah he loves earth worms also, thanks for the info man ;)

Crispy
12-04-2011, 12:38 AM
I really fattened my aro up on superworms. yours looks like a good size to try them out if your grubs become scarce. otherwise, grubs and earthworms is a good diet. I would add raw market shrimp and tilapia fillets when he is a bit bigger.

hystrix777
12-04-2011, 12:44 AM
I really fattened my aro up on superworms. yours looks like a good size to try them out if your grubs become scarce. otherwise, grubs and earthworms is a good diet. I would add raw market shrimp and tilapia fillets when he is a bit bigger.
yeah ive heard of that, i was thinking of beef heart one day. My other lil monsters seem to love it from time to time.

ldoerr
12-05-2011, 03:20 AM
My dogs love to eat grub worms. I think that they are pretty healthy but like dave i have never analized them. They have to be pretty healthy dont they?