PDA

View Full Version : How to serve frozen bloodworms?

ken1508
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
The package contains individual half inch cubes which I think is too much to feed 3 tetras and a dwarf gourami all at once. Should I remove one of the cubes and let it thaw out some and then cut off a portion for feeding? How big a piece should I give them, a half a cube or quarter?

gm72
08-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Cut it into quarters, I think that would be the best way to start.

Dave66
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Some experiments will be necessary as to how much your fish eat within 2 minutes. If you divide the cube, do it when it's hard frozen, as its easier and less messy to cut.
What I do is take a plastic cup (6 ounce size), dip out tank water to 2/3rds full, drop in the cube, wait 15 minutes, then serve. I should add I put the cup on the hood as the warmth aids in thawing, but you have to be careful, as a spill can be dangerous.

Dave

TowBoater
08-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I have little dip dishes I have for feeding sometimes when I want a variety, I get a little of my tank water and shave the food to the desired amount and stir it with the knife and serve it like that.

Lady Hobbs
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Just to add......blood worms are a treat and are given as one. They are not to be considered a meal. Feed fish no more than a couple times a week.

ken1508
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Where would I be without you all? Prolly up to my neck in bloodworms that's where, lol.

Does natural protein food such as bloodworms do anything for the fishes? Does it bring out there color more? Does it make them more aggressive?

littleguppy833
08-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Depending on how many fish you have I put a portion into a coffee mug with about 1 inch of the tank water. I let it sit for about 2-5 minutes. Then I just poured it into the tank. This way they were not fighting over a floating cube, and some of the lower dwelling tank mates got some. THEY LOVE THAT STUFF

TowBoater
08-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I also feed the frozen cubes with my hand, I will hold it in the water and you should see the fish swarm to me and eat on my hand and on the cube while it is still in there, angels, green severums, mollies, corys, and my bichir once.