PDA

View Full Version : UH OH now i'm not sure

decgoth
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
I remeasured the tank the piranhas are going to go in when I move and i don't think it's an 80gal but maybe a 55gal. The last time i had a tank big like this was when i had a retic python(dump job...gotta love it :roll: ).

Anyway.....the tank dimensions are 48" long x 12.5" front to back & 21" high. Anyone know what size this tank is? I need to get a filter and hood for it(tank has the center brace) and then the substrate.

Adrienne

Full3R
05-15-2006, 02:28 PM
thats a 55 gallon i have the same size for my oscars

decgoth
05-15-2006, 02:53 PM
thanks now i know what size hood and filter to get.

Adrienne

Full3R
05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
no problem just get some pics of the new tank when its set up for us ;)

decgoth
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
absolutely. i'm estimating about 2 months of work on in the inside of the house b4 i can set the piranha tank up, but will definetly have some by the fall.

Adrienne

Full3R
05-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Wicked, do you plan on keeping anything with the pirahnas

decgoth
05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
no just the 2 piranahas in the 55gal. the goldfish and guppies have their own tanks, just not sure which room i'm putting them in yet. the piranhas are definetly going in the living room. the guppies are going to be 'upgraded' to a 10gal and i may 'upgrade' the goldfish to a larger tank, but haven't decided as of yet since they'll be going in my pond next summer.

i was looking in the catalogs last night at filters for the big tank and started to go cross-eyed b/c i know i WANT a bio-wheel & am definetly getting one for it, but not sure if i want to run an UGF with it or just the HOT like i am now. If delinetly going to have live plants in it and so is the guppy tank. only thing i really worry about is having my 130lb rottweiler bang into the stand. when the tank was given to me, i was given the metal stand too, but he can be clumsy at times :wink:

Adrienne