PDA

View Full Version : Weird

donh
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok, so I put my male (Slash) and female (Splash) bettas tanks up against each other. She is heavy with eggs and he is his normal charming self. He made a bubble nest so I put her in with him. He flared big time and went over to her. She played hard to get and went to the other side of the tank. He followed her and flared again and she stayed there with him. He then turned and left her and payed ABSOLUTELY NO attention to her at all. I left them together for over four hours and he never touched her or even flared again. Both are great looking healthy bettas. Weirdest thing I have ever seen from a betta.

ekfishlover2011
11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Maybe he liked her better when she was playing hard to get and then changed his mind when she stayed. Hard to guess why he suddenly didnt want to breed after that...

donh
11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
My surprise wasn't so much that he didn't want to breed. My surprise was that he didn't try to kill her. I've never seen a male betta willing to live peacefully with another betta of any kind. I've never tried breeding them before, though. So it may not be so weird.