PDA

View Full Version : pump stopped running

smaug
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Noticed it today,I dont know for how long but all could think was DAMNIT! Just a few weeks ago I bought a heavy net enclosure to keep the pump in that would help avoid large items getting into the intake.It was a pain to put on while being armpit deep in 45 deg water but it looked rather full proof. Well tell that to my poor dead drown bullfrog would ya!I reached in to feel what was clogging it and felt a rather large fleshy item clogging the intake,when I pulled it out it was my big bullfrog and he was quite dead:scry: At least the pump didnt get burnt out cause after I got him out everything was fine.He was huge,I couldnt get my hand around him and he was as big as a small wild rabbit. This is the guy that tried to eat a bird this summer and the same one I saved from a big snake last year. I will miss him.

gm72
11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
So sorry to hear that. When you lose a long time friend it is hard.

smaug
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Twas my laziness that cost him his life. In the past the pump was in its shell casing which prevented anything from going in the intake.I had to remove it early on this year to fix the pump and never put it back on. I would do it right now but Im just so damn tired and lethargic from tday dinner:sconfused: He always went to the skimmer box to hibernate for the winter,he would snuggle in next to the pump itself for the little bit of heat it gives off. Im so pissed off right now,this was an animal that chose to be part of my system. I feel like I killed him myself.

Cliff
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear about this Smaug

smaug
11-24-2011, 09:12 PM
I just went out and found where I layed him and decided to bury him next to the pond. Here is a pic of him at least to memorilize him a bit. Maybe a bit mushy on my part but I never take it well when something healthy and beautiful dies,especially when it could have been avoided.

gm72
11-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Whether or not it is mushy is irrelevant. We feel pain when our loved ones pass. Frogs/fish/etc. are no different than family members.

Lady Hobbs
11-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Sorry Smaug you lost your buddy. You have no way of knowing if possibly he died and was sucked into the pump, tho. Perhaps you are blaming yourself for something you had no control of.

Ellen4God
11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Oh no!! I'm so sorry, smaug. :(

smaug
11-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Sorry Smaug you lost your buddy. You have no way of knowing if possibly he died and was sucked into the pump, tho. Perhaps you are blaming yourself for something you had no control of.
I wish that could be but it couldnt have happened that way. The pump is inside a stiff mesh bag with only a small opening at the top and that is slightly out of the water. He climbed in to get closer to the warmth of the pump.

fishguy66
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
That sucks,dude. Frogs are cool. Sorry for your loss.:scry: