PDA

View Full Version : My clown loaches are fighting

Lady Hobbs
08-11-2007, 12:55 AM
I can't believe this. I've had these fish for 1 1/2 years and never seen one tiny bit of aggression. I have two loaches that have been going at it for hours. I'd separate them but they all scatter and I can't tell one from the other. I hope they can't kill each other!

RobbieG
08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Good luck - I've never seen that happen so I can't really do anything but wish you well

Dave66
08-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Hobbs,
How many clowns do you have? Botia in groups do the occasional skirmish a bit when one wants to be the dominant fish in the heirarchy. I've never had any of them injure another; its more of a postering, sometimes pushing, thing. They'll work it out, don't worry.

Dave

Mdsuave13
08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
i have 5 clown loaches at the moment, ranging in all sizes, from .5 inch to 6 inch.

They will occasionally fight over food, i actually had one get killed because its wounds were so bad from getting speared repeatedly by another one.... i'd let it play out, but chances are they will be ok.

Lady Hobbs
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Whatever was bugging them, it has stopped. I just dropped some shrimp pellets in the tank and their attention went away from each other to the food. They sure were ticked at each other and keep it up for hours, tho. Apparently they aren't smart enough to back off as they just kept coming after one another.

Spyder
08-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Hobbs,
How many clowns do you have? Botia in groups do the occasional skirmish a bit when one wants to be the dominant fish in the heirarchy. I've never had any of them injure another; its more of a postering, sometimes pushing, thing. They'll work it out, don't worry.

Dave

I totally agree. Clowns will occasionally fight for dominance. Very rare for them to harm one another. I would not move any of them cause another skirmish will brake out by the rest to be the dominant fish.

How many do you have?

RobbieG
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear it Lady Hobbs - maybe they were hanging out with your angels too much:ezpi_wink1: