PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again...

Nick_Pavlovski
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM
...my new Betta and 2 Panda Cory's came home with me after work, and were introduced to the new tank.
Apart from one small attack early on at one of the Cory's, he seems to have already adjusted well - swimming around, having a peck at the piece of flake I put in.

Now I'm trying to think of names for everyone.

Lady Hobbs
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
He probably never saw a cory in his life and wondered what it was. Glad everyone is all situated in.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Seem to be.
Although the Betta is a hungry pig...I gave him a couple of betta flakes in the morning and he ate them, I hand/forceps fed him some live tubifex tonight and he loved it, then gave him a betta flake and he looked at it, then turned and gave me a filthy look and let it float past him!!!!!!!!!!

gm72
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
The betta will easily overeat which can lead to constipation. Regulate carefully the amount of food you give him and make sure that you have some sinking foods for the corys.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. We have a pair of corys in with my daughter's betta, Fancy Wancy. All is well.

TowBoater
08-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Lol, bettas are neat eh? Mine comes right to the front of the tank as I walk in and almost touches the glass looking at me wanting me to feed him. I have a crowntail betta. Mine only eats granual or betta food, he won't touch blood worms.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the good adice, I'll try to keep him on the hungry side if I can.

And by the way, I'd like to introduce him...forum folks, I'd like to introduce Courtier!

gm72
08-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Pretty cool, he looks a lot like my daughter's betta, Fancy Wancy!

RobbieG
08-12-2007, 02:11 AM
He's a handsome young gentleman Nick!

Good luck with him:9:

Nick_Pavlovski
08-12-2007, 02:18 AM
There was an absolutely gorgeous one who was a magnificent red all over, but he was TOO active...I didn't want him tearing the Cory's apart.

Next choice was a Royal blue colour, but my wife didn't like it - and she hated the jet black short fin (whom I thought would be ace! - maybe I need to have a secret tank somewhere in the house?????)

Then there was this one.

Thanks all for the compliments!
and like a courtier / aristocrat, he likes good food - tubifex please, not these "commoner" Beta flakes (which are Nutrifin, BTW, not a cheap brand!).