PDA

View Full Version : Restocked the 25g

YaYgoldFish
08-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Well since i sold back my cuddas and my tinfoils die, i decided to get the new fish today. I've gotten a baby pair of 2 kribs(male,female) and a baby black convict. So far my favorite has to be the convict. I went to look into the tank at night (the ligth from the stairs reflected a bit into the tank so i could see but it was still dark. The convict came and placed himself under the driftwood and looked at me, he then proceeded to try to chew on dead leaves and explore. I THINK they already decided on territory. My male krib is always in the coconut, sometimes goes behind it and swims through the plants that are near, while my female krib stays on the left side( near the coconut) and swims around the plants, same place as the male. My convict has the rest of the tank, the driftwood and the 2 bigger plants and a nice big rock. I really have to post pictures for you guys to see, but i have no clue where the camera is.

I knew the 2 kribs could could get mean so i thought, I could get the convict that would get about 1 or 2 inches bigger and will be able to defend himself.

The main part of this thread is to ask you guys a few questions.

-At what age/lenght will the kribs start to breed at

-Would they still attack each other since they would be raise with each other?

- How old (about) are they at 1 inch? ( if it's possible to tell)

- Will the convict or krib rip out any plants?

- What should I feed my 3 little guys? I have these foods in stock:
Wardley's Floating Cichlid pellets (small)
TetraColor Tropical Crisps
Sinking algea pellets
Freeze dried Bloodworms
(For fishguy I WILL TRY TO GET NLS, i just need to find a place where they sell it)

And for the last question, for now atleast:

Will my convict fight the kribs for the coconut cave? Or could the kribs even figh between each other? I only have one coconut cave and a bunch of plants for them to hide in, plus under a piece of driftwood.

Im looking forwards to hearing you guy's answers/replys!
:22:

YaYgoldFish
08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Reserved for pictures. :)

MeganL3985
08-10-2007, 11:17 PM
You did the coconut!? How did it turn out for you?! :19:

tropfish
08-10-2007, 11:20 PM
that sounds really cool. post pics soon!

YaYgoldFish
08-11-2007, 04:18 AM
You did the coconut!? How did it turn out for you?! :19:

It looks AMAZING. I just love it so much. My left part of the tank looks like a little hawaii village. Theres a few polants with this ovale 5 inch long flat rock end a little farther is the coconut..I have to ask my dad where he put the camera to show you guys i'm really proud of it.

Oh and today i saw the kribs and convict swimming around for the first time( they all stay hidden)

I also think my kribs might breed soon, or my male is just mean to the female. He will randomly chase my female.

They are such funny little fish, everytime the convict would go near the coconnut the male krib will get out and chase him away, so i felt a little bad for the convict. I come back 20 minutes later to find the male krib at the far end of the tank and the convict in the coconut! I just love these guys:luxlove:

RobbieG
08-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Good luck with themthumbs2:

YaYgoldFish
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
thanks! :)

MeganL3985
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Can't wait to see pics! Glad it turned out great for you!! :)

gm72
08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Sounds like a really cool tank. Looking forward to pictures!

Lady Hobbs
08-16-2007, 01:21 AM
You may want to get a couple more females so the male won't be harassing that one female constantly.

YaYgoldFish
08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the tip.. how many more could i get before being overstocked? I was thinking one more?

cocoa_pleco
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
you could go with 1 more, maaayyybe 2. glad someone else tried the coconut cave! my shrimp have decided to command mine and call it their fortress

YaYgoldFish
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
lol..I've read that kribs were selective breeders? Wont the male just ignore the tother female(s)?