PDA

View Full Version : Help my firemouth cichlid!!!

myster619
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I donno what has grown over mys firemouth cichlid .I had an ich problem but this doesnt seem to be ich .Maybe an injury but u guys tell me what is it!

nanaglen2001
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Ok I will aks a question, cause those pics arnt too good.

Does it look like that???

This is one of my Sajicas, which had some wird growths too. If you say yes, then its cancer.

cellar
08-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I have the same thing on my firemouth, even though the pics are blurry they look like little brown spots. My guy has 4 of these spread randomly on his body. and they havent grown at all. Your picture of the cancer looks like the spots on your fish are more red. these are straight beige brown. ill upload a pic as soon as i charge my camera

nanaglen2001
08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Those spots always changed, sometimes they were red, then a very light pink, then white. Mostly they accured in the areas where the fins come out of the fish.

The fish itself was behaving normal, color normal, eating normal. Harry didnt die of that cancer, he died becuase of sudden increase of Nitrit, which killed off at least 20 other fish (mostly Mollies and carachins and my 2 L200s)). I guess Harry was weakened by the cancer and that did him in, because all my other cichlids and all my cory cats survived. I think without that incident he still would be living a happy life.

So if nothing else changes with your Meeki, just leave him, if it starts changing to the worse, put him out of his misery.