PDA

View Full Version : Opossums....

Bill M.
08-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Heh... I think I spelt that wrong, but anywho, I call my clown loaches opossum fish becasue they are always floating upside down in my rock looking like there dead...little buggers.......:27:

RobbieG
08-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Wait till you see them lying on their sides

gm72
08-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Mine will play dead if they want attention. Scares the crap out of me.

RobbieG
08-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Nothing plays dead like a loach that for sure

Not many fish have as much fun as they do either

gm72
08-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Agreed. I have a school of 4 of them. They are incredibly fun to watch dart around. Lots of fun!

Dave66
08-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I used to keep seven or eight species of botia in my tanks. The clicking was unbelivable when food hit the water; hymenophysa was the loudest by far. Only keep six darios and six lacortei these days. I'm also here to say that clown loaches can and do reach a foot long, and a foot-long loach is a LOT of fish.
I agree, a group of botia are among the most fun fish to have.
Dave

Lady Hobbs
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I love my clowns! I started with 8 about 1 1/2 yrs ago but one got stuck in a decoration and died. Still have the remaining ones and they are great. I love to look at the orange stripped line-dance in my tank.

Careful with the decorations, tho. They do like to get all packed inside something so I only have things now with large holes!

Mdsuave13
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
lady hobbs, i just mentioned in another post about my 6" clown getting stuck in a ceramic cave... i thought he could get back out, but just liked being in there... turns out he couldnt make it back out.. long story short, vice grips crunching the ceramic caused it to shatter without hurting the loach. Now he likes to swim more then hide... must have gotten boring in there for him :)

Also, has anyone else seen their clowns kinda have a pile up? my 5 clowns sleep in a pile together in under a cave i have.. its pretty darn cute to see.