PDA

View Full Version : Red Tail and Salt?

kaianuanu
10-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I have my RTC with my big male jaguar cichlid. My Jaguar has contracted a small case of mouth rot and i just did a water change, but i want to give them some aquarium salt, I was just wondering If redtail cats can handle a normal dose of aquarium salt. Please help me out ASAP.

genocidex
10-25-2011, 09:35 PM
i have not read anything about them being sensitive to salts. i think its a matter of shock tho. if you go directly to full dosing with salts might be harmful but thats just a shot in the dark imo...

fishguy66
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
I have my RTC with my big male jaguar cichlid. My Jaguar has contracted a small case of mouth rot and i just did a water change, but i want to give them some aquarium salt, I was just wondering If redtail cats can handle a normal dose of aquarium salt. Please help me out ASAP.

I don't know how big your tank is(huge, hopefully, w/ a Jag & a redtail cat!!), but if possible, maybe you could net your Jag out & put him in a bucket & give him a salt bath? How did he/she get mouth rot? Can you post a pic or 2 so I can see what you have going on?