PDA

View Full Version : redeyed puffers?

genocidex
10-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Carinotetraodon lorteti, ive read a bit up on these and they dont seem like they are brackish but im posting in here because im sure puffer fans would be frequenting here.

has any one ever kept these?
i want to take a shot at some puffers eventually and these look outstanding and they seem to stay 6 cm (or so ive read) would i pair be able to live together in a 20l? the bioload doesnt seem bad but the thing im worried about is the temperament. im aware most puffers are aggressive against each other thats why im asking here.

if the aggression isnt a problem then do i need to feed these snails all the time? i was thinking frozen blood worm and ghost shrimp as a stample and a treat of snails (if snails are even recomended)

thanks guys/gals XD

frefal13
10-25-2011, 04:32 AM
I believe that puffers require snails to keep their teeth from growing too much, if they don't have snail shells to eat through then their teeth can pin their mouths shut. I have really only done research on dwarf pea puffers though so I can't really help with much else. I also believe that most puffers are considered messy eaters as well.

genocidex
10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
yes i agree with you on all that but some puffer's teeth grow in faster than others (so ive read) i believe the faster of the growths is the figure 8s.