PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my new Albinos

zackish
08-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Yesturday I bought 3 albino corydoras. I also have sinking pellets for them.
Today I dropped one in just to see what they would do. 2 of them had no interest in them and one was like pecking at it for 2 seconds then just kept going tearing up my gravel.

It seemed like my cardinals liked the wafer better. In about 3 minutes 6 of my cardinals were tearing at it and it was gone within 15 minutes.

I was wondering if any of you could recommend a way to feed them corys that would be easier. Or how you all feed your corys.
Or maybe they just aren't eating yet because of the move. Also, how many times a day should I feed them?

SkarloeysMom
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM
My Panda corys ate wafers off and on. I would usually break the wafer a couple pieces so the guppy wouldn't see it. I had trouble keeping the other fish from chowing on the wafers too and breaking them up seemed to help a little. Someone else mentioned putting the wafers in just before lights out at night. I also had a cave created for the corys and I would try to float the wafers in there to keep them away from the other fish.

TowBoater
08-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Every night, in my 55 I drop 3 sinking wafers and 1 algae wafer. No sign of them by midnight, my corys go right to it. They like algae wafers and mine also like carnivore pellets as well.

zackish
08-08-2007, 02:04 AM
I was going to get algae wafers for my otos but I ended up just getting these sinking pellets for corys and such.
Mine actually started eating today. 2 of them were eating off the same one and then I dropped another in, came in an hour later they were both gone.
How many corys do you have zeril? Is it like one wafer per cory?

troy
08-08-2007, 03:42 AM
I just put flakes in and the cory gets the leftovers.