PDA

View Full Version : Blue dolphin cichlid

ashm5
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I've just read on a site that blue dolphin cichlids are peaceful and easy to keep, at the moment I have a large community aquarium set up with gouramis, tetras, WCMM's, dwarf cichlids, danios and a few other fish and the tank has the same levels as I am told are needed for thi fish (hard water and ph of between 7.0 and 8.5) , I've been looking everywhere for info about wether you can keep these cichlids with normal community fish or not, please could somebody help me with this as i would love to have this fish but wouldn't want to do anything wrong :S thanks

genitor
08-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Blue dolphins are aggressive and as is the case with most cichlids they cannot be kept with normal community fish. They also grow to about 9 inches.

ashm5
08-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Sorry not that I don't believe you but could you check that this is true for blue dolphins because it says on www.tropicalfish4u.co.uk that they are peaceful thanks for the advice though! :D

Fishguy2727
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
That's peaceful by African cichlid standards, not community fish standards. They will get too big and kill or eat your other fish. Their water parameters are also completely different from other fish since they are from Lake Malawi.

ashm5
08-08-2007, 09:11 PM
ok thanks won't be getting one for now then, maybe in a future lake malawi tank :D