PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ekfishlover2011
10-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Is it treatable!!!??? My camera died really fast, so only a very tiny clip, but enough to see the problem. Ive treated the tank for parasite, bacteria, and fungus prevention already, but i still keep having problems!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2cstk0Ark

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: Ive been fighting with it forever, tested when i saw this, 30ppm
pH: 7.6
temp: 78
Water is aerated with air pumps and the waterfall return HOB filter.

Strider199
10-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Take a look at the gills of that green fire tetra that just did those twirls. If you see little white worms on them then continue with a parasite med.

Lady Hobbs
10-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Sorry. Too fast for me to see anything.

ekfishlover2011
10-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Close, its actually a bloodfin tetra. Not one of my prize bloodfins, so if i must sacrifice i will, but i like to preserve life if at all possible. My light thing is discolored so thats what gives them a greenish tint. Anyway, thanks for that suggestion, but i checked now and no worms. Any more diagnosis?

EDIT: yea, sorry Hobbs, this camera eats batteries like i eat cake. Never keeps a charge, so hard to get good videos. :(

Strider199
10-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Check out this link eckfishlover,

http://www3.sympatico.ca/drosera1/fish/illness.htm

Also Google whirling disease. Mostly caused by enviromental conditions.

ekfishlover2011
10-15-2011, 01:16 AM
... He stopped. Just like that. Stop. So, weird... is that still possible whirling or poisoning, or is that some sort of seizure?

Strider199
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure.

Years back I had an established aquarium which was doing really nice. My fish started to die one at a time over a few months. I could not figure out why.
I didn't see how they past away, just found them in the plants or on the filter intake.
After searching the surroundings I noticed my wife had set-up one of those misting air fresheners right near the tank. I moved the device and did a few large water changes and after a while the mysterious deaths stopped.

Just throwing that out there.

ekfishlover2011
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Got one that makes sense and i really hope its this and not anything else! "General confusion, erratic swimming or spinning, loss of balance, are often indicative of head injury" on that site under injuries. Just fed them, some fish are extremely food-aggressive in my tank, so if he got in the way (which i see happen alot) BAM!!!! Right in the head. When i first saw him he was swimming sideways, then he was spazzing and zooming around tank really fast and knocking into things, then the twirling began about thirty seconds before i finally got him in the trap and that went for like, what, 20 mins? Hes in that little breed trap thing, so i guess if it was just a head injury i should monitor him and hope he comes out of it. Knockout sounds much better than whirling disease. :) Lets hope im right ad he makes it to tomorrow. Thanks Strider!

EDIT: Oooo. That had to be horrible! Luckily i set up my tank where there are no desks or windows, so my grandma cant do anything like what your wife did accidentally. Only poioning would probably come from contamination from hands, if hes a weakling and cant take it like all the others can. Thats why im straying away from poisoning more, because its just him.

ekfishlover2011
10-16-2011, 12:58 AM
He started to do it again when i turned out the light to go to bed, and this time he didnt stop. I put him down with ice water today after work, because he just looked so scared and i didnt know what to do. Hopefully they learn to stay out of the way of bigger fish now if thats what happened. Ive been rinsing and re-drying my hands 3 times now everytime before i mess with tank just in case, since that was another possibility. My WC is due tomorrow, so any contaminants will be removed then.