PDA

View Full Version : Fiddler Crab Molting

tkeas
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
OK, so I have had a Fiddler crab in my regular 20 gallon tank for 3-4 mos now and it may have molted before but i didn't notice if it did. Well, I was attempting to breed my mollies for the first time and I missed a few of the births...needless to say they didn't survive for long. So, I bought a 10 Gallon tank and put my Fiddler crab in it so i would have a chance to catch the babies before they were all gone...it worked. Butttt thats not really where i'm going w/this. That was almost 6wks ago. I cycled the 10 gallon and did everything right...according to what Ive read. However i cannot find anything that says how long I should wait after my Fiddler molts to clean the tank? I try to do a water change and clean the tank once a week...but of course he molted on the day before I would normally clean the tank so its been almost 2 weeks since I've done anything w/ it besides feed him...hes eaten almost all of the molt-thingy(lol) but not cleaning the tank or changing the water is killing me and I really wanna know if its ok to do it yet?! Advice? Options? Hes the first crab I've had thats made it through the molt...I don't wanna mess it up now!! lol HELP!! thanks

ADF Whisperer
11-08-2011, 07:17 AM
There's no need to wait on cleaning the tank. Continue with your maintenance as you normally would, just don't remove his molt. Fiddlers need clean brackish water. Does he have access to air?