PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this compatibility question!!

musicalmandy431
08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone,

I joined for this simple reason, I cannot find weither or not hermit crabs will be combatible with a dwarf African Claw Frog. I have both and would like to combine their tanks but do not want to risk an "accidents". I was also wondering if any one knew weither African Claw Frogs are also compatible with those very small turtles. (I'm not sure of their exact name but at full grown they are about the size of the palm of your hand.)

Please help me out so I don't kill my pets!!

Thank you!

Amanda

troy
08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't try either. They aren't good ideas. I've never heard of a turtle that only gets the size of you're hands.

tropfish
08-05-2007, 11:48 PM
i agree with troy, i've never heard of a turtle staying that small, and do you mean land hermit crabs, because they will most likely drown in the water sooner or later.

AquaQueen
08-06-2007, 02:32 AM
Hello everyone,

I joined for this simple reason, I cannot find whether or not hermit crabs will be compatible with a dwarf African Claw Frog. I have both and would like to combine their tanks but do not want to risk an "accidents". I was also wondering if any one knew whether African Claw Frogs are also compatible with those very small turtles. (I'm not sure of their exact name but at full grown they are about the size of the palm of your hand.)

Please help me out so I don't kill my pets!!

Thank you!

Amanda

NO You can NOT put your Hermit Crab in with your ACF they have different needs and can and will fight and hurt each other!!

As for the Turtles I actually had those Mini ones and I found out they are Illegal in alot of States I got rid of mine for that reason and they were VERY Filthy even in a filtered turtle tank they were worse then my brothers sliders were. Anyway they need water and the Hermit crabs live in sand they use water to clean out their shells and drink and that is all.

If that is what you were talking about I hope I helped I have had all those pets but the frog, But my Brother-in-Law had that same frog so that is how I know about them. Good Luck!

BTW did you try joining a forum that has to do with reptiles and not Fish? That may help more. Good Luck!