PDA

View Full Version : Black Mystery Snail Help

crazycrush
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
My roommate has a few snails in an uncovered tank. He's been away for a few days so I've been keeping an eye on them. Early this morning between 3-7am his black mystery snail crawled out of the tank. I found him/her on the floor this morning when I went to check on the fish. I'm not sure if he's alive so I put him (and moved the other one) in my covered tank just in case. I had to go to work so I won't be able to check on him until this evening.

My question: Is there a good chance that the snail is still alive and just in shock/scared or is he pretty much a goner?

Thanks for your help!

nanaglen2001
08-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Dont panik, the snail has been out of the water only for a few hours, so it should be fine again right now. As far as I know those snails are able to be out of the water at least for 2 days, without problems.

crackatinny
08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't worry, thers a real good chance, by the time you get home he will be crawling around again.

crazycrush
08-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I figured that the snail would be okay but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks! :ssmile:

Rue
08-03-2007, 05:53 PM
One of mine was out for over 2 weeks...

YaYgoldFish
08-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Mystery snails can be pretty tough, mine was out of water for like an hour, has a cracked shell and has been living well over 2 months.