PDA

View Full Version : Fish less active with filter noise.

NitroPhysix
09-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Hello,

Im still waiting for my air pump and air stone to come through the post but in the mean time i left my stingray filter half in and a few centre metres out to create oxygen bubbles for the fish.

My air pump should arrive tomorrow or the day after so tonight i submerged the whole filter underwater, Its nice that there's no noise.. and it seems im not the only one that's taken to the "no-sound" policy, ALL the fish are VERY active, there exploring the tank were normally the "Neon Tetras" would stay on one side of the tank, the shrimps are tons more active like when we first bought them.

So this leads me to think that fish like quite peaceful tank.

Fish Tank Setup:
2ft Fish Tank
Stingray Filter (Medium)
3 Live Plants
1 Platy
8 Neon Tetras
2 Ghost Shrimp
1 Pleco
2 Guppies

Please share your thoughts and experience :)

Dave66
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Howdy and welcome to the forum! If you have questions, please ask them in the appropriate section of the forum.

Dave

Lady Hobbs
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Not very familiar with those filters but I believe they are supposed to be used submerible, aren't they? I also thought they were for very small tanks, like 10 gallons but like I said, not familiar with them.

NitroPhysix
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Not very familiar with those filters but I believe they are supposed to be used submerible, aren't they? I also thought they were for very small tanks, like 10 gallons but like I said, not familiar with them.

This one is the medium version they do, I carnt remember the model number but definatly works a treat underwater.

Lady Hobbs
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Because I'm snoopy, I checked. Stingray 5's, 10's and 15's is the choices. If you have the 10, then that is supposed to work in a small 10 gallon tank. Not nearly enough filtering for a 2 ft tank. I would try to improve on your filtering, like an Aqua Clear 50 or 70 and you won't have to replace media in those filters.

NitroPhysix
09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Because I'm snoopy, I checked. Stingray 5's, 10's and 15's is the choices. If you have the 10, then that is supposed to work in a small 10 gallon tank. Not nearly enough filtering for a 2 ft tank. I would try to improve on your filtering, like an Aqua Clear 50 or 70 and you won't have to replace media in those filters.

Mine could very well be the last one but unsure, I know its either a 10 or 15 but dont let that fool you these filters are quite powerful yet quite.

The fish seem so much more active since the filter got submerged than when it was a centermetre out of water!