PDA

View Full Version : mushroom coral placement question

Tigerbarb
09-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I have two fluorescent green shrooms in my 20g reef, I run 4xho t5's, and i'm wondering where I should place them. Is this too much light? Since they like lower light, would they do well on the sand? Information/suggestions on where I should place this coral would be very helpful. Thanks.

cuckoochews
09-06-2011, 06:10 AM
I also have a 20g reef, and for light I have a 90w Bluemoon Aquatics led unit (supposidly bright enough for acropora although I haven't tried yet) and all my mushrooms do great anywhere. I have green ones just below the waters surface in direct light. There are red ones mid level. and blue(ish) ones hiding out on the side of a large piece of live rock down at the bottom! This light is a yr old now and the mushrooms were all in the same spots prior to the led when I had a 96w p.c. on top and they have all doubled in size in that time. With that said I would venture to say your safe with them anywhere in your reef. thumbs2:

Cliff
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I would try them at the bottom of the tank for a few days / a week, and move them higher up if you feel they need more light. IME, mushrooms are pretty adaptable to all different type of consiitions

I have also moved your thread to the correct section of the forum