PDA

View Full Version : Another spawn /More dead eggs

Lady Hobbs
08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I had my 10 gallon torn apart to do my little rock background on it and noticed I had ANOTHER pair ready to spawn. I set the tank up quickly, dropped the pair in the tank and the goofy female deposited her eggs on the glass. They fell to the bottom so of course were not fertilized by the male.

What you can't see in the picture is the spawning slate I had in there for her plus a large plastic plant leaf. Both ignored by her.

The males genital papillae is quite evident in the picture if you have not seen angelfish spawning yet. I thought this marble was a male as she is small. About half of his size.

Since the eggs went unfertilized, I cleaned them up and dropped in another pair that are ready to spawn. :( I now have 3 confirmed pairs and 3 odd balls yet undecided.

crackatinny
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
So how many pairs do you have now hobbs?

Lady Hobbs
08-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Read the last line of my post.

It feels like I have 100. LOL

crackatinny
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Read the last line of my post.

It feels like I have 100. LOL

LOL Dunno how I missed that.

Lady Hobbs
08-01-2007, 10:15 AM
I want more cichlids but honestly all the aggression gets to me. I hate it when another picks on them, keeps them hiding and they're afraid to even come out and swim. I wish they'd be nicer to one another. LOL

crackatinny
08-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Of the cichlids I have, i tend to find the angels among the most aggressive, especially with anything new added to there tank.

RobbieG
08-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Lady Hobbs

AquaQueen
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Awww man Hobbs. I am sorry they didn't do things right I know you don't want the babies but I bet it sure is awesome to watch them grow...maybe next time. It will Happen in due time. Just be patient..I know you can! Good Luck!

Algenco
08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck. I am puzzled as to why the eggs didn't stick, my pair laid on the glass and both the eggs and wigglers stuck fine?

Lady Hobbs
08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Really. I just figured the glass didn't work when they all fell. Maybe it needs a bit of algae to stick. I had just cleaned that tank.

How are you babies doing? Still all living?

Algenco
08-01-2007, 07:21 PM
They are doing fine, I can see their nice pink bellies from across the room :c5: