PDA

View Full Version : hello and sorry for the low quality pictures

dr kenneth noisewater
09-01-2011, 08:46 PM
as the title says. i will be getting a better camera in the next few days in which i will share good pictures of my fish. i spent lots of time picking them all out and love them all. pretty knowledgeable about freshwater species illnesses and plants so if anyone needs any 1 on 1 advice throw me a message ive been doing this for quite a while.

first picture is of my maybe 5 inch ghost knife named conan! very beautiful fish and quite healthy.

next is a picture of one of my gsp's sleeping in his bed where he sleeps every night.

this is a picture of my 65g tank behind my couch i just built this set up about a month ago and its a great place to relax.

the last is my puffer tank. just got it. a nice hex 40g i believe. if you look closely you can see my puffer sleeping. the same as picture 2.

again sorry for the low quality pics. and i look forward to being part of the community!

enzof9
09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Beautiful tanks and Welcome:22: . I'm pretty new here myself but welcome anyways. I'm sure you'll love the forum, everyone welcomes any questions or comments you have.

dr kenneth noisewater
09-01-2011, 09:07 PM
thanks enzof9 appreciate the warm and speedy welcome. im a mEmber of one other forum (the kramer forum) which is dedicated to guitars. and this is run on the same engine so i thought it was a good one to choose. everyone on the kramer forum have become good friends so i thought it was time to start a new forum and make more thumbs2:

Aeonflame
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking tanks.

Just a bit of advice... the "lucky bamboo" plants are not aquatic and will rot over time. Also, you seem to have a green spotted puffer which should be introduced to brackish water as it grows and will also outgrow the hex tank.

dr kenneth noisewater
09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
thanks for the advice! the puffers are currently in a SG of 1.005 and its going up .001 every 2 weeks until i hit 1.010 than ill wait a bit. the 40g is big enough for 1 full grown gsp. but it should be fine for my 2 for over a year as they are slow growers. as for the bamboo i find submerging it really makes it explode in size and height very rapidly. maybe its just because of the close and bright lights of my aquarium. i have a big flower pot of bamboo and i just grow them up in the tank than switch them to the pot once they are large, plus my snails LOVE THEM. appreciate the concern!

Aeonflame
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Great to know that the fish are in brackish water. A lot of people neglect that aspect of keeping puffers. While the 40 is good for a couple of puffers volume-wise, my concern was really about the footprint of the tank.

Surfdog
09-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! The hex tank is very attractive. I like the knife as well...

:22:

smaug
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
You may find that the knife would do better in a less well lit tank with better hiding spots.

gadget228
09-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the AC... :22:

DylanisHawttt
09-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the AC :22:

Kriblover
09-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Welcome to ac!!! Nice looking tanks!!!

LemonDrop
09-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Folks here are very helpful and friendly. Love that Knife! I've seen photos online but got the chance last weekend to see one in a Petsmart in Shreveport. Photo's just do not do them justice. What an amazing fish. They are so cool.

Welcome to the AC.

Markpolo123
09-02-2011, 02:34 AM
The pictures looks not bad ,and have a nice day!!

Cyberra
09-02-2011, 03:07 AM
^_^ Welcome to the community

dr kenneth noisewater
09-02-2011, 04:20 AM
You may find that the knife would do better in a less well lit tank with better hiding spots.

thank you for the suggestion! i kind of need the lights for the plants....maybe ill figure something out with a large piece of marble covering some. i like the slate up against the glass so i can see hi all the time!

dr kenneth noisewater
09-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Folks here are very helpful and friendly. Love that Knife! I've seen photos online but got the chance last weekend to see one in a Petsmart in Shreveport. Photo's just do not do them justice. What an amazing fish. They are so cool.

Welcome to the AC.

i absolutely agree! they need to be seen in real life. mine eats right out of my hand and than swims all through my fingers rubbing himself on my hand. he loves me and he LOVES bloodworms!

Lady Hobbs
09-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Welcome to AC. Your pictures look pretty good to most of them I take with my camera.

I would turn a flower pot over and sit your bamboo on that tho. It really does need the tops emmersed or will rot. They aren't really even an aquatic plant.

smaug
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
With the few easy plants you have you could cut your lighting in half. Good for your elec bill,good for your fish and good for the plants . Knife fish are very cool,how long have you had him?

Dave66
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Howdy and welcome to the forum, doc!

Dave

rich311k
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to AC!

dr kenneth noisewater
09-02-2011, 09:23 PM
With the few easy plants you have you could cut your lighting in half. Good for your elec bill,good for your fish and good for the plants . Knife fish are very cool,how long have you had him?

thanks for the advice i will do that! im planning on getting a heap of plants but its currently out of my budget. and ive had my ghost knife for i guess going on a month... and ive already noticed growth!!! blood worms are just his favorite thing in the world. although for a before night time snack i give him a tiny piece of sinking pellet made of shrimp and salmon and he LOVES it. my pictus eat anything and everything so i need to take extra care that he gets enough food. they would pull it right out of his mouth... any extra advice on what i should feed him to get him to grow up to be big and strong one day???

eroc1085
09-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I would just like to say welcome. I am also a fan of your tank designs. They're very unique and incredibly artistic. I would love to do something similar.
The people here rock! they're so nice and very smart. Let them work their magick.

My favorite two fishes are German Blue Rams and Golden Nugget Plecos. I have both! :)