PDA

View Full Version : My RCC escaped!!

shine17
08-30-2011, 03:26 AM
Decided to clean out my tank and noticed he was not in there. Thought he'd be in the filter as he sometimes likes to be, but no.

I looked behind furniture, underneath them, in bags and boxes. No luck. Anyone know where they usually like to hide? I did put a shallow bowl of water to see if he comes to it.

SLeen
08-30-2011, 04:28 AM
uh oh. check along the walls, he might be huddled up against the baseboard somewhere. I hope you find him.

cuckoochews
08-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Check and double check all around your tank especially in back. I've lost many marine hermit crabs that way... i'll be cleaning around the tank and find remains tucked under wires or the stand. good luck, I hope you find soon!

shine17
08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
I just finished re-checking the entire room. Looked around walls and baseboards as recommended---nothing. I also checked the back of my tank, although I do not have a background, and it's a long way down if he did. Looked on the floor behind the tank in case he did.

Literally moved the entire room around, checked in the filter and media. Boxes, clothes bins, drawers, coat pockets, shoe boxes, laundry hamper....even the lights.

Abaddon was a trouble maker, but I love that little guy. :'(

shine17
08-31-2011, 02:11 AM
No luck finding him.

Although when looking around I found some cat pee near the area where the tank is.

Im not sure.

angel_love
08-31-2011, 02:20 AM
Uhoh if you have a kitty cat, kitty could have found him first :scry: how long can they live out of the water?

shine17
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Uhoh if you have a kitty cat, kitty could have found him first :scry: how long can they live out of the water?

According to the research I've done for RCC's they can be out a couple days without water. I do however, have a shallow bowl on the floor in case he may be around looking for water.

About the cat, he is never allowed in the room with the tank...however it seems like the door was left open and the cat got in, way farther than I'd like him to be.

I'm bummed because I would have thought he'd turn up in my shallow bowl of water...but nothing yet. I'm glad I decided to clean the tank that day, otherwise I wouldn't have known he was missing. :scry: