PDA

View Full Version : changeing filter media

billy247777777777
08-16-2011, 01:03 AM
hello i was wondering when to change my filter media i have had my tank set up since April and i never changed my filter media how do i do it i have a topfin 20 power filter. any and all help would be great thanks thumbs2:

Cliff
08-16-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm not very farmilar will filter cartridges used in a top-fin filter, but I would think you would not want to replace it until it was falling apart

Almost all of the bactria that you need to keep you tank healthy lives in your filter media. I would clean your cartridge in old tank water before changeing

I have some media in my filters that is well over one year old and will likely last for a few more years

billy247777777777
08-16-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm not very farmilar will filter cartridges used in a top-fin filter, but I would think you would not want to replace it until it was falling apart

Almost all of the bactria that you need to keep you tank healthy lives in your filter media. I would clean your cartridge in old tank water before changeing

I have some media in my filters that is well over one year old and will likely last for a few more years

oh ok sounds good