PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an Eheim 2224!

jweintraub
07-29-2007, 01:23 PM
So I was pulling 24 duty in the Barracks on Thursday night when I saw a solider who was moving in and carrying all of his belongings to his new room. One of the things I saw him carrying was an Eheim 2224 so I stopped the soldier and asked what his plans were for the filter in the barracks since there is a no pet rule (including fish)? He said he was going to put an ad in the paper and see if he could sell it. I stopped him right in his tracks and asked what he wanted for it... $40! What an incredible deal!!! I spent about 15 Euros buying new filter media and some hosing and hose clamps, but hey for the steal I got it for, I couldn't have made out any better! I just set it up on my 20G community tank and it's perfectly quiet and with the spraybar, there's not too much turbulence(the holes are aimed downward). Just thought I'd share this wonderful experiance!

hungryhound
07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
congratulations on the new filter.

That is a good deal. If you do not mind me asking. what is your overall impression of the quality of the professional series II.

I recently purchased a classic 2113 and found that some of the plastic appeared very cheap and the media basket was flimsy, looked hard to clean. Luckily it was damaged so I could return it. Have they fixed these problems in the later models as I would like to know if it might be worth trying a pro or pro II model.

Lady Hobbs
07-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Good snag! We sure do get excited about anything that has to do with fish, don't we?

jweintraub
07-29-2007, 03:47 PM
It's not the pro II series, just the original and I totally agree with you Hungryhound about the quality of the media baskets, VERY flimsy compared to my JBL CristaProfi 250.

And yes Hobbs.... I'm sure I was glowing like I had won the lottery when he said $40!

gm72
07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I run Eheim canisters, Pro II series. Not flimsy at all. You will not be disappointed. Incredible canister filters.

hungryhound
07-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I now know that I need to look at pro II if I want to get an eheim. Let the search to continue.