PDA

View Full Version : Should I move the plant?

Duchess44
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I have a tall plastic plant sitting almost in the corner on the right side (if you're facing the tank) in front of the intake for the filter. I have it there to hide the hose for the air bubble wand. Anyway, I was thinking that it may be blocking the natural water flow that is created by the filter waterfall so that debris gets pushed into the intake. Should I move it away from the intake? Or am I wrong?

thanks

cuckoochews
08-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Unless the plant is getting sucked into the intake, don't worry about it. Keep an eye on it though, if you notice alot of fish poop decorating the plant like garland on a christmas tree, you may want to move it purely for aesthetic purposses, lol! :jumpyellow:

Duchess44
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Ok ty. Yea it's not getting sucked into the intake, but one of the "fronds" is leaning on it but not covering it or anything. I just didn't know if having it in front of it that close would cause it to not "suck" as well :)

bignellm
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Unless the plant is getting sucked into the intake, don't worry about it. Keep an eye on it though, if you notice alot of fish poop decorating the plant like garland on a christmas tree, you may want to move it purely for aesthetic purposses, lol! :jumpyellow:

That is just a nasty little image... and I chucked so much over it. I agree, unless it's being sucked up, your fine. The falls usually hit 1/3-2/3 way toward the front and enter in an angle on my filters, so no real dispersing effect from my fake plant near the intake.

Duchess44
08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Ok ty both :)