PDA

View Full Version : water stats for my neighborhood

kimmers318
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
These are the stats I found online thru my water company listed for my neighborhood. Most of it doesn't make sense to me...but this is hoping that someone might see something that could trigger a problem.
Sample year 2004
Regulated Substances
Barium=.029ppm max contaminant level allowed=2
Flouride-1.17ppm=max contaminant level=4
Nitrate=0.16 max cont. level= 10 ( my water test kit doesn't read any)

Unregulated Substances
Bromoform=6.8 ppb(parts per billion)
Bromodichloromethane=12.1
Chlorodbromomethane=8.7 ppb
Chloroform=24.4 ppb

Other Substances
Total Trihalomethanes=67.9 ppb mcl=80
Haloacetic acids=15 ppb mcl=60
Chlorine=1 mcl-4
These were supposedly randomly sampled at taps
Copper=.216 max level 1.3
Lead=2 max=15

This info wasn't much help for me...I already treat for chlorine etc with stresscoat. Haven't had a whole lot of problems in tanks excepting the infection possibly brought in by german blue ram. I have been able to keep PH stable with mix of RO and tap water and haven't seen any crashes yet (keeping fingers crossed)

If you guys have any suggestions about anything I possibly should check for or find out about let me know and I will try to head that direction.

jnmrcs
05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I just can say that I have received some of that info. (a lot months ago) It's just information about the water you are consuming. What does names mean? Who knows. But if you find someone who know about chemistry that person can explain it.

kimmers318
05-10-2006, 06:01 PM
This post came about because I have had 2 issues where I used salt to help my fish and had what appeared to be bad reactions both times....one I lost the fish, the second they were zipping around the tank like danios! Most of those stats don't mean a hill of beans to me but it was suggested that there could be something else in my water causing some of the reaction...so I thought I would put it out there. You never know when you can learn something new. Heck, I learn something new just about every day with my fish just from reading different forums!

jnmrcs
05-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I will see if I can find someone who could explain it.

rollie
05-10-2006, 11:58 PM
i can not explain it. sorry.

William
05-11-2006, 02:55 AM
I don't se anything in that stats that will cause a problem and that a water treatment shouldn't remove.

kimmers318
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Okay....I guess next I will just dump the box of salt and purchase a new one and hope that something had contaminated it. Any suggestions on what type of salt? This was "aquarium salt" evaporated from seawater so it should be okay and I know it is carried locally

rollie
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
as long as it aquarium salt.