PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

kufan
07-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok so I went and purchased my tank setup, and me being excited about getting the tank setup so I could purchase live rock, I rushed and put my sand in before I actually washed it and filled the tank up with water, so I need some suggestions. Do I go on ahead and empty the water in the tank and try and wash the sand by refilling the tank and emptying/refilling it until the water is clear or do I empty the tank and put the sand in buckets and wash it that way?

Thanks,

KU

coachfraley
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I'd just use the tank to "wash" it. Swirl it around with your hand until it is good and stirred up. Then take out as much water as you can while leaving the sand. I would then just add water and go from there. Everyone's tank gets really cloudy when they add sand for the first time. How fast it clears up will depend on the type of filtration you have.

Post some pics when it clears up!!!!

kufan
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks I will definitely try to get some pictures up. I was hoping to get my rock today, but I don't think its going to happen because the LFS closes soon. Hopefully I can get it monday afternoon and get it all going.

KU