PDA

View Full Version : Holes.

yellowfish
07-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Okay so I have a 30 gallon plant tank. I'm finding some holes on the leafs of my plants. It kinda looks like someone is chewing on them but I not to sure. The holes are in the center of the leaf and along the outside of the plant. Here's the fish that are in my tank. Cardinal tetra, Rummy noise, Bolivian ram, skunk cory, and albino bristle noise. I did research the fish I have and everything I have read tells me that they all are plant safe. I do add Iron and Potassium to my tank along with CO2. What is happening to my plants? I would love some help.

Thanks
Christopher

bignellm
07-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Got a Pest Snail in the tank? Or any type of snail? MTS, Ramshorn, PS?
Diffusa (Mystery) and Nerite are plant safe.

MCools
07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Actually, sometimes when a bristle nose is cleaning off the leaves of plants they can clean a little too well and actually damage the leaf a little bit. They don't actually eat the plants, but sometimes they get a little over-enthusiastic if you get what I mean. If that's the case, there really isn't anything you can do about it and your plants will survive just fine.

bignellm
07-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Actually, sometimes when a bristle nose is cleaning off the leaves of plants they can clean a little too well and actually damage the leaf a little bit. They don't actually eat the plants, but sometimes they get a little over-enthusiastic if you get what I mean. If that's the case, there really isn't anything you can do about it and your plants will survive just fine.

Must be getting late here, I misread his inventory, and skipped over the Pleco BN.

Agreed, you probably have a very enthusiastic Pleco there.

yellowfish
07-31-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated thumbs2: