PDA

View Full Version : How to contact an online Mod?

sheamurai
07-20-2011, 03:01 AM
I was just wondering if there was a faster way to notify of a spammer.
I looked for an "online now" list, but don't see one after cursory look...

Ol' Chunchun should be gone gone, I hit the report button.

I understand Mods aren't around allatime, just wondered if there was a better/faster way to get these guys evicted than hitting the "bad post" button.

Goes to 11!
07-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Dunno, I just report it like you do. If there is a faster way, I'll use it instead :-)

sheamurai
07-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Likely the report button works speedily fine - so long as there is a Mod online.

Guess they need their beauty sleep as much as any of us :)

Should be in bed myself - even my tanks are asleep now - but I'm wiiiiide awake...

Brhino
07-20-2011, 03:22 AM
way down almost at the very bottom of the front page there is a "view forum leaders" link, which takes you to this page:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showgroups.php?

sheamurai
07-20-2011, 03:24 AM
view forum leaders???

I don't see it... :(

what browser are you using Brhino?

Brhino
07-20-2011, 03:25 AM
firefox. It's on the main forum page:
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/index.php
down below the last forum (Forum Games) but above the "What's Going On?" box.

sheamurai
07-20-2011, 03:29 AM
ah, I was just looking at my "New Posts" page...and then Home page. Never thunk to look at forum page...thanks

Goes to 11!
07-20-2011, 03:30 AM
view forum leaders???

I don't see it... :(

what browser are you using Brhino?
Firefox here Sheamurai,

Look between the boxes titled "The Lounge" & "what's going on" ['Whats going on' is the list of who is onsite at the very bottom of the page]

EDIT: Too slow again lol

sheamurai
07-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Wow, only 8 mods...thats not very many people to monitor a site...they must spend quite a bit of time at it.

But not around midnight, evidently, lol

Cliff
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Fastest way is to either use the report bad post button, or look to see what Mod is on-line a send him/her a PM. Just keep in mind, the report a bad post button doesn't work for all mods

That spammer is now history

Thanks for the heads-up

genocidex
07-20-2011, 12:39 PM
ive always felt wierd about using report post button to report signature spam. is that the right thing to do? ive just been pming laddy hobbs every time i see it lol.

Cecile1
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I just always hit the report on it, especially if coach purses are involved- my fish don't care nor need one!:hmm3grin2orange: I had always wondered if it was the best way.

Lady Hobbs
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
The report button does not work for me. Never has in the 5 years I've been here. :)

I also suggest Aquarium Forum and scroll down to View Forum Leaders (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showgroups.php?). However, keep in mind some of the Mods are here on a part-time basis. You know which ones are here regularly.

Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out from spammers.