PDA

View Full Version : Small Kribs

YaYgoldFish
07-27-2007, 03:44 AM
I was wondering if (if so how many) i could put in Kribs in my 25g. The only other tankmates would be something sugested by other members and 2 shrimps/1 snail. For the filtration id have a fluval 105 with wc of 25% every week. The tank would have about 5 live plants a few big rocks and a piece of driftwood, along with sand. Could this work? I'm trying to go for a small community tank mixed with maybe a pair? of kribs. With them i was thinking maybe some rummy noses(3) and neon tetras.(4)

Abbeys_Mom
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Kribs will eat shrimp. I have 4 adult kribs in a 27g with some danios and other fish. I personally wouldn't recommend getting more then 2 unless you have other tanks to put them in (just incase). Mine were all from the same batch of fry, so they have grown up together.

sergo
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
i say just one pair in a 25, they can get very territorial hwen they pair up and get ready to breed.

jeffs99dime
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah. definitely don't put them in with shrimp. if you don't want a breeding pair of kribensis, i would suggest getting 2 males. breeding pairs will become highly territorial and aggressive towards the other fish in the tank during spawning.

YaYgoldFish
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM
OK so if i got 2 males then could i add tankmates? I could i guess relocate the shrimps..

jeffs99dime
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
OK so if i got 2 males then could i add tankmates? I could i guess relocate the shrimps..

you could in theory. but a 25 gallon won't really allow for many more fish because of the size of the tank.

YaYgoldFish
07-28-2007, 01:26 AM
I was thinking maybe 2 chinese algea eaters? Maybe i could get all these fish as babys and move them into a bigger tank later? I was really going for:(exactly)

3 mystery snails
2 kribs-male
2 algea eaters
1-3 neon tetras..

Woudl this be too much waste for the flitration?

I don't know what kind of fliter Abbeys Mom uses but she seems to have a whole lot of freinds for her kribs. With only 2 gallons more than me.