PDA

View Full Version : help

proudpuffer
07-27-2007, 03:41 AM
my black edged eel seems to be paralyzed, he has been floating around the tank for two days. he seems that he can't control his body at all. any ideas would be great. we have a lion fish that we removed yesterday, thinking he may have been stung, he is not getting any better. thanks for any suggestions.

Drumachine09
07-27-2007, 03:44 AM
What are your parameters?

(Ps: i moved this thread to the saltwater forum, so you would get more/better answers)

proudpuffer
07-27-2007, 03:53 AM
125 gallon tank, water is good. nitrates are slightly high, everything else is great. we use a wet dry filter, protien skimmer. frequent 20% water changes. thanks for moving thread, first time i have been here.

Drumachine09
07-27-2007, 03:55 AM
125 gallon tank, water is good. nitrates are slightly high, everything else is great. we use a wet dry filter, protien skimmer. frequent 20% water changes. thanks for moving thread, first time i have been here.

Sounds like a nice setup.

Ive got no experiance with lionfish, but i do keep a small 10g marine tank.

I dont think it would be the nitrates. Have you added any thing new to the tank recently? Do you have a copper test? How old is the eel?

kkyyllee
07-27-2007, 03:57 AM
whata re the actual params

unleashed
07-27-2007, 04:34 AM
a lot more info about your tank would be much more help

Also take note that marine eels do not take kindly to any copper medications. You also need to take care as to what you feed him. Fresh foods such as fresh squid and fish are best. Do not use frozen as they can contain phosphates which can kill the guy. However, it is quite possible that he was stung by your lion fish. What kind of lion is it?

2manyfish
07-27-2007, 02:12 PM
It might be better if you could remove the eel to a hospital tank. That way he won't get blown into the rocks from the current.
It does sound like the eel got stung...any lion can sting and if the two bumped into each other well....
I have read of this happening before to different kinds of fish. Hate to say it but there isn't much you can do. The best I can offer is to remove the fish so it doesn't get scraped up from bumping into the rocks, do daily water changes on the hospital tank and just wait it out. Some fish survive, some don't.

Sorry.