PDA

View Full Version : Green Spotted Pufferfish...question

shine17
07-14-2011, 06:18 AM
I have a little Puffer, and recently have noticed that his tummy turns a dark grey almost black color. He also has this after he eats; his Puffer brother doesn't have it.

Can anyone tell me what it could possibly be? Should I be worried about it? If it's something I should be concerned about, what can be done?

Thanks!

Cliff
07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
The below might help

http://www.greenspottedpuffer.net/belly.htm

shine17
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
The below might help

http://www.greenspottedpuffer.net/belly.htm

Thanks that was very helpful. I am going to check the water first and make changes. Then I'll see if it's salt. But maybe like the site said, he's bored of what I got for him.

I appreciate you sharing this link with me.

dr kenneth noisewater
09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
i have gsp's and my hardest job is keeping them mentally stimulated. feed them different things all the time, change the setup every few days, and look at them and play games with them by holding things up to the glass for them to investigate and move it around so they have to chase it to see what it is. before i did all these things mine were not as green and didnt happily wag their fins, they would sleep, and get up for a few minutes, than lie down, they were boring, and grey. i started doing daily water changes and payed attention to them and all these things. now they are bright green, almost a neon turquoise on the top of their heads, and happy and curious. hope this helps thumbs2:

BubblesandPudge
05-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Wow, that is awesome! We just got our first two, Bubbles and Pudge and we have been researching every where so we can give them the best home possible. I was thinking of finding floating toys for them to play with. And we are hoping to get a black ghost knife in the future!

Cermet
05-21-2012, 12:41 AM
And we are hoping to get a black ghost knife in the future!
There is a problem - these fish are strictly fresh water. They will not tolerate brackish water. Since this is a post under brackish water, I assume you have such a tank - if not, ignore the fool behind the curtain.

smaug
05-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Another ressurected zombie thread comes moaning to life!

Cliff
05-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Old thread, now closed