PDA

View Full Version : Ever been afraid of putting your hand into your tank???

nanaglen2001
07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Without keeping Piranhas in it??

Well I am. :hmm3grin2orange:

Next to my filter inlet is a pair of Sajicas with fry in the whiggler stadium. And the inlet was was that dirty, so the filter wasnt able to filter properly. This meant I had to put my poor hand into the darned tank, right in front of Papa Sajicas nose.

Yeah, great, really great. Papa is of the oppinion that he is Rambo, Rocky, Arnie, Gladiator, Terminator, Predator, Conan the barbarian (did I forget someone?)....and all in ONE person.

Yup he really went for it, and this time I really got it.

OK its nothing, but I shed a drop of blood. Man ist only max 6 inch fish.

That spot on my arm has the size of a 1 US Cent coin,

Lady Hobbs
07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
ROTFL I get that way with my angels when they spawn. I can't imagine Sajicas!

nanaglen2001
07-26-2007, 07:05 PM
A Sajica papa is a bit like a fishy charging bull:ezpi_wink1:

And believe me its a very powerfull animal.

And when Papa is p***ed off he is sooooo cute

jeffs99dime
07-26-2007, 07:36 PM
sometimes my kribs and keyholes get a little nippy but, i ain't skeeeered! lol

great pics by the way!

Fishguy2727
07-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I have had convicts think they can scare me off, but the only fish I had to watch was my 15" jaguar cichlid, he drew blood both times he hit me. When I first went in I would have to make a fist and swing at him, then he would usually go hide in his cave, but the second time he got me, I did that and he decided, 'not today, buddy', and charged. Before I got my hand out of the water he hit me three times on two fingers.

crackatinny
07-26-2007, 11:25 PM
I always keep an eye on our oscar when my hand is in his tank, and our breeding convicts, not a chance of sticking my hand in there, i've felt the vibration through a net when I stick it in there.

RobbieG
07-26-2007, 11:32 PM
I have to pull garbage out of my pit bull's mouth a lot (she was 5 when I got her and had never been trained not to eat stuff off of the side of the road) she has never bitten me, but I can feel her teeth when my hand is in there.

If she ever decided she liked the leftover chicken bone better than me - I'd be learning how to write lefty for sure!

crackatinny
07-26-2007, 11:38 PM
I have to pull garbage out of my pit bull's mouth a lot (she was 5 when I got her and had never been trained not to eat stuff off of the side of the road) she has never bitten me, but I can feel her teeth when my hand is in there.

If she ever decided she liked the leftover chicken bone better than me - I'd be learning how to write lefty for sure!

I once heard an old remedy for that, to stop dogs picking up baits, aparently meat left lying around with chewing tobacco rubbed into it is supposed to stop them picking meat up off the ground, don't know if it works or how safe it is though.

digger
07-28-2007, 04:31 PM
hi i have two jags that like to tag team ive been bit by them so now i net them before sticking my hand in their tank if you want to clean your filter nozzle shut it off for two seconds and the junk will just fall off then scoop it out with a net that way you dont have to stick your hands in your tank.good luck

RobbieG
07-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I once heard an old remedy for that, to stop dogs picking up baits, aparently meat left lying around with chewing tobacco rubbed into it is supposed to stop them picking meat up off the ground, don't know if it works or how safe it is though.

Its worth a try - I live in a low income type neighborhood in the city so I really - really - really don't want my dog eating what gets left lying around

Fishguy2727
07-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Vinegar is also a taste deterant for dogs (as with commercial products like Bitter Apple), these could be used to train the dog not to go for litter.

deckard_wa
07-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Whenever I gravel vac in one of my tanks, one of my Oscars follows the vac around and waits to pounce in case I should put my hand in there to move something!

It doesn't really hurt but it makes me jump every single time :14:

TracyUK
07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Whenever I gravel vac in one of my tanks, one of my Oscars follows the vac around and waits to pounce in case I should put my hand in there to move something!

It doesn't really hurt but it makes me jump every single time :14:

My oscars do the exact same thing! lol