PDA

View Full Version : Red root floater

JCheco
07-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Hey all I was wondering if anybody has some red root floater (can't remember the scientific name) in their tanks. I really like the looks of this plant and was wondering about its requirements and if anyone has any tips on it.

Thanks Joe

korith
07-09-2011, 09:37 AM
It's a med to high light plant. You can probably find some on www.plantedtank.net in their buy/sell section. I've had great luck finding and getting plants there.

Lady Hobbs
07-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Very cool plant. Hope you find some. I got some at one time at aquabid.com. Had problems with the filter throwing it all over the tank tho but it is neat if that isn't an issue.

JCheco
07-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Ya its been tricky to find but there's a listing for it right now on aquabid, thanks guys. Oh ya and just wondering how's it growth slow or anacharis fast lol.

korith
07-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Use this for looking up plant http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide.php . It's my favorite online resource for plants.

Jacko
07-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Definitely a fun and cool plant, had a problem like Lady Hobbs,does not seem to like flow... can't keep it in any of my tanks that have any filter going besides a sponge filter.

It can grow fast and get out of control just as fast as dwarf water lettuce or frogbit, but it's alot easier finding a new home for it since it's still highly popular (vs. duckweed, dwl or frogbit)