PDA

View Full Version : Crown fighter info?

lickmanoman
07-26-2007, 01:40 AM
A few days ago I visited a pet store looking for pearl scale goldfishes. Anyway I saw some fighters there and I inquired the price and it was a bit high.The guy said it was a new breed from Japan. What I would like to know are they stronger and more resistant to diseases, how big do they get and are the price justifiable

MeganL3985
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
While some here will most likely know something about them, if it is a new breed I think your best bet would be to ask your LFS about them, since they atleast know they're a new breed. They may have some hand outs or something on them. That is if its a knowledgable store they will know something. I'm not really sure whether or not fish can be bred "more resistant to diseases". Sorry I cant be of more help....

Btw, see if they have a certain name other than just a new breed from japan. It'll probably be a little easier to find information out with a name.

SkarloeysMom
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
A few days ago I visited a pet store looking for pearl scale goldfishes. Anyway I saw some fighters there and I inquired the price and it was a bit high.The guy said it was a new breed from Japan. What I would like to know are they stronger and more resistant to diseases, how big do they get and are the price justifiable

The guy was pretty vague. What he told you kinda sounds like a sales pitch to me. I'd get a the name of the breed and look it up online.

RobbieG
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Most of the more expensive bred fish I have seen have been bred for brighter colors or more decorative fins or some other physical characteristic. They are usually less resistant to disease etc.