PDA

View Full Version : DIY overflow pipe

SmokeyCFH
06-28-2011, 11:26 PM
I finally did it! I made a 1" overflow with two powerhead 802's as my return. So far its working great! Crystal clear water and great flow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XgAjuTTXzA

Crispy
06-29-2011, 01:00 AM
congrats! hopefully the head height doesn't burn out your powerheads. have you shut off power to make sure it stays primed?

SmokeyCFH
06-29-2011, 01:52 AM
congrats! hopefully the head height doesn't burn out your powerheads. have you shut off power to make sure it stays primed?

Yeah it's just temporary until i can get a new one, I have a little giant but that thing gets way too hot. It stays primed but I need to get a few one way valves for the back siphon from the powerheads, so hopefully after i get those i should be good to go! and thank you.

GraphicGr8s
06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Or you could put a hole on the underside of the tubing at the lowest point you want water to drain. As soon as it gets to that level air comes in and stops the siphoning action.

SmokeyCFH
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Or you could put a hole on the underside of the tubing at the lowest point you want water to drain. As soon as it gets to that level air comes in and stops the siphoning action.

ah hell, thats a pretty good idea, why didn't i think of that?! thank you!